Friday, September 14, 2012

The Little Things

Whether it’s being able to ride my bike to school or seeing friendly faces everywhere I go, it’s the little things that make me so glad to be here.  Beginning my morning with seventeen minutes outside wakes me up better than any cup of coffee.  And yes, when I see that it’s still dark when I wake up and there’s frost on the grass, I have my doubts.  The bus or a car would be so warm, so easy.  But when I’m pedaling with my face in the sun (does it EVER rain here? Ok, there was that one time...), I’m so excited to begin a new day here.  I get to look forward to walking down the hall to class and exchanging greetings with students and teachers, getting a cup of tea in the faculty lounge, talking to a student about her essay, watching a highly competitive game of speed-minton (this is serious stuff), going for a hike, another hilarious dorm dinner...who knows?! I'm psyched to find out! Oh, and can I bring my bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment