Monday, September 10, 2012

SVSA, Represent.

SVSA, Represent.


I think people are getting really tired of hearing me say it, but it feels great to be back home!  Since graduating from Boston College I have been spending my time exploring the myriad worlds and universes of Portland, OR.  Mostly this included coaching basketball and playing music.  The last three summers I have returned to the Valley to teach summer session courses and coach basketball camps at Community School.  When the opportunity arose to return to Cutthroatdom full-time, I jumped at it.  I couldn't be happier.  I am grateful for the chance to give back to a community that has nurtured me since... well... since I was born.


Interns sit atop the World

The homecoming has also opened my eyes to all of the exciting ways in which the school is growing.  The boarding program, in conjunction with the Ski Academy, is a promising step not only for the school but for the entire area.  Other neat additions include the OLA (outdoor leadership academy), and, of course, our very own, the TTA!

Many thanks to Ben, Nancy, Jess, and Chauncy.  They hired an all-star team of interns.  Powerful individuals and personalities who have already been making their mark on the school.


It has been an exciting and fulfilling adventure to this point and I feel fortunate to be a part.

Peace out and rock on.  Or as the kids are saying these days, "YOLO!"



No comments:

Post a Comment