Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall is upon us...



Yes indeed, the leaves are changing color.  The air is brisk.  And just yesterday we were blessed with a bit 'o Autumn rain.

Life in the TTA has continued to keep us busy.  The Upper School returned from Fall Trips at the end of September.  Hannah Mangham and I accompanied the sophomore class on the Coast Trip to the Olympic Peninsula in WA.  I led a group from Oil City to Third Beach with long-time faculty member (Dr.) Paul Hartl.  Perfect weather and a beautiful trip!  Aqui estan unas photografias...







 







It is always good to get out of the classroom, for teachers and students.  The wild outdoors brings out qualities in all of us that are sometimes lost in the fray of the school day.  One of the most incredible aspects of this school is its outdoor education.  "Oh the places you'll go!"  For me, an adventure into nature is a centering experience.  It can be difficult, yes, but here I can breath.  Focus on the present moment.  Truly take the time to appreciate how fortunate I am to be a part of something so special, global community and Community School alike.

Now we are back in the classroom.  It seems a long time ago that I looked out over that open Pacific.  But it sticks in my brain as I go about my day in the TTA.  

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment